Prepare for the onslaught of photos of the first 2 days of Eid~
Basically as my whole family is quite dysfunctional, it wasn’t the dream get together, but I am still grateful to have spent time and be present for my final Eid with family this year. Next year I wouldn’t be in this wonderful home anymore. 😦 Change is kinda scary huh. I would be leaving my nest and comfort and everything behind.
My western guests would probably be laughing. I mean you guys leave home once you turn 18 or something, right? Correct me if i’m wrong. Lol.
So yes. I will definitely miss my sister no matter how annoying she is. I would miss going to the nearby park where I’ve gone to for comfort whenever I’m down or even for some personal alone time. I’ll miss the stray cats here. I’ll miss the factories that our home overlooks. The sound of young adults playing ball games at the court downstairs.
I need a moment.
Anyway, here are the hilarious photos of our failed jumping shots with Myst Exile (in blue dress) and her now husband, Strange Tea and me.
I can’t believe I used to play on this playground a few years ago.
My clothes aren’t new as it usually is for festive season. I believe I have mentioned I’m quite the reduce, reuse, recycle kinda person. This was a hand me down from somebody really nice who is always so generous from a few years ago.
Give it a few more years I *might* not be able to fit in it considering how big my ass has grown. Dammit.
Ignore the loon at the back.
Below are our sort of successful but could be better jump shots.. We did pretty well in the beginning and then they just went to the shits towards the end with no effort.
Mirror shot with my 2nd sister and first sister Ms Manis.
Frikken ignore my huge eyeballs. I agree they’re quite scary.
Day 1 look:
- Catrice Concealer for under-eyes
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation
- Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation
- Catrice Eyebrow Stylist pencil
- Urban Decay Brow Box powder
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in “Cream Cheese” for inner corner of eyes
- NYX Liquid Eye-liner (doesn’t matter which)
- Catrice “Better than false lashes” mascara (waterproof; the best!)
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
- Too Faced “Melt Into Spring” blusher (came with the Too Faced “All My Favorite Things” Palette
- Australis Lip Liner Pencil
- Australis Velour Lips matte lip cream in Doo Bai.
Day 2 look.
All the same except for:
- Eyes with the shown on previous post Catrice Deluxe Trio Eyeshadow in Rose Vintouch
- Too Faced Melted Nude on the lips
- Catrice Limited Edition Lumination Luminizing Highlighter C01 Luminous Light
- Catrice Limited Edition Luminizing bronzer in “New Bronze Age”
- Catrice blush powder in “Flushed Fiction”
All applied slightly more heavy-handed than the day 1.
So yes. Eid was quite fun, socially awkward but ok and manageable. Some “sensational news” and is it just me or does anybody else also look excitedly to instagram to see everybody else all beautifully garbed for the festivities. I love all your outfits my friends. You guys look awesome.
And then today am back to work. I’m at work right now actually as I’m updating this. I know.. I know.. what a model employee I am aren’t I.
p/s: so happy that a friend mentioned she’s now looking at cosmetics that are cruelty free too. Means much to me. If even just one person is a little bit influenced then I would’ve done my part. #grateful