Weekday evenings are lovely.. and slow.
Yesterday this conversation took place:
I was stationed at the basement, this old italian man in his 70s or 80s came to my counter..
“How to go outside?”
– The one that faces the bay?
– okay, just go up two floors, walk straight and exit the glass doors..
“Not here?” *points to a completely opposite side and looks at me distrustfully*
– Er, do you want the hotel or the bay?
“We vont to eat”
– You want food? *gestures the universal ‘eating’ hand gesture *
– Okay. Food court ?
“No, we vont the bay.. to eat..”
– Ok..so you want to eat at the waterfront restaurants?
*holds back an anguished sigh* – Then waterfront is two floors up, walk straight.. and exit the glass doors..
Old people. They’re the same everywhere.